Turn your followers into customers by linking your Instagram posts directly to products in your Tictail shop! This new feature allows your followers to shop products from your Instagram feed instantly—which means smoother shopping for them, and more sales for you. Follow the steps below to get started!
Connecting your Instagram account
If you haven't done so already, connect your Instagram account in order to start linking products:
1. Head over to Marketing > Sell on Instagram in your dashboard.
2. If you don't have an Instagram account connected to your shop yet, you'll have to start by connecting one. Click the Instagram Connect button, and follow the instructions in the browser window that just opened to connect your Instagram account to your Tictail account. After that, let's link your products!
After you’ve connected your Instagram account, it’s time to start linking products to your Instagram photos. Once a photo and a product have been linked they will be automatically displayed on your special Instagram link. Here’s how to start linking Instagram photos to products:
1. On the Sell on Instagram page, click Get started.
2. Start by selecting an Instagram photo that you want to link to a product.
3. Click on the product that you want to link to your chosen Instagram photo, and hit Save.
That's it! Repeat these steps for every Instagram photo that you want to link to a product.
Tip! To unlink a product from a photo, just deselect the currently selected product and click Save.
Adding your Sell on Instagram link to your Instagram bio
In order to finish setup you need to add your Sell on Instagram link to your Instagram bio.
1. Then, go back to Settings > Sell on Instagram.
2. Click Copy link.
3. You now need to go to Instagram to edit your Instagram profile. Click Open Instagram.
4. Go to your Instagram profile settings, and paste your link in the Website field.
5. Save, and you're done! You're now ready to receive sales from Instagram!
Viewing your linked products
Looking to preview what you shoppers will see when they use your link? Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings > Sell on Instagram.
2. Click View linked products.
Et voilà! This is what shoppers will see when they click your new link in your Instagram bio!
Changing your connected Instagram account
Should you wish to remove your connected Instagram account or change it to another account, simply head over to Settings > General and scroll down to the Social section.
1. Click the x icon next to your Instagram username.
2. If you're signed in to the correct Instagram account in your browser, you can just go ahead and click the Instagram Connect button again, and the Instagram account you're currently signed into will connect automatically. So make sure you're signed in to the right account!
If you're not signed in to Instagram in your browser, you'll be prompted to log in to the account you wish to connect.