If you wish to temporarily close your shop to customers, you have the ability to put your Tictail shop offline. This function is perfect if, for example:
- You accidentally launched your shop, but weren't quite ready
- You would like to make some improvements to your storefront or your settings
- Your products just aren't quite ready for the market yet
- You're going away on vacation and don't want customers to be able to place an order while you're gone
To put your shop temporarily offline:
1. Go to Settings > General in your Tictail dashboard.
2. Scroll down to Store status and toggle the switch to "No".
3. Now your shop will be temporarily closed to customers meaning that when arriving on your store's URL, no one will be able to view contents of your store. Instead, your store will display the message below.
Here, customers will be notified that your shop is currently offline, but are offered the option to enter their email address to "Follow" you and receive updates from you. Be sure then to notify your customers when your shop is back online!