If you wish to temporarily close your shop to customers, you have the ability to put your Tictail shop offline. This function is perfect if, for example:
- You accidentally launched your shop, but weren't quite ready
- You would like to make some improvements to your storefront or your settings
- You're going away on vacation and don't want customers to be able to place an order while you're gone
To put your shop temporarily offline:
1. Go to Settings > General in your Tictail dashboard.
2. Scroll down to Status and toggle the switch. Click Save.
3. Your shop will be temporarily closed to customers as soon as you hit the Save button, and no one will be able to view contents of your shop when visiting your shop's URL. Instead, visitors will be presented with the message below.
Here, visitors will be notified that your shop is currently offline, but are offered the option to enter their email address to "Follow" you and receive updates from you. Be sure then to notify your followers when your shop is back online!