Sometimes you will need to refund an order. Maybe the shirt didn't fit, or maybe the color wasn't what the customer expected. No matter the reason, you will still need to send the money back to their account.
Please note that all refunds should be processed through Tictail. Transfers of funds outside of our platform will not be registered in our system and the status of the order will remain the same.
If for some reason you're having trouble refunding an order, contact us via tictail.com/ask
To issue a refund of an order paid via Tictail Payments, you must do it from the Orders tab in your dashboard. In case the order was processed with one of our third party payment integrations you will have to manually issue it from your PayPal or Klarna account.
For Tictail Payments orders:
- Log in to your Tictail Dashboard.
- Access the order from the Orders tab.
- Click the red Refund link just under the order number.
- Select full refund or enter the refund amount, then click Refund.
For PayPal orders:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click History.
- Click Details next to the payment you want to refund.
- Click Issue a refund.
- Enter the refund amount, then click Continue.
- Review the information, then click Issue Refund.
For Klarna orders:
For a full refund:
- Click Cancel order for the specific order located in your Tictail dashboard. This will automatically cancel the full invoice in Klarna.
For a partial refund:
- Select the order on which you want to make a partial refund.
- Select Partial Refund.
- Remove the items that the consumer returned by changing the field for Quantity to refund.
- Select +Add Item if you want to add a return fee. You can not increase the total amount of the order.
- Click Refund.