This article will show you how to customize the text displayed when you share the link to your Tictail shop on Facebook:
1. The default share message for your Tictail shop will look similar to the image below. If you'd like to customize it, you'll have to change your shop's OG-tag, which you can read more about here.
2. Start by logging in to your dashboard and head to Custom Shop > Shop design.
3. Click on the </>-icon to access your shop's HTML and CSS code.
4. Right under the
<head> tag, paste this code snippet:
<meta property="og:description" content="You can put whatever text you like here."/>
Be sure to modify the text to read as you would like to appear in your share message! Just click Save and your changes will be registered.
If you would also like to change your thumbnail image for the share post, follow the steps above but use the OG-tag for images, as per below:
<meta property="og:image" content="https://my-image-link.png"/>
5. Before we're done there is one more thing we need to do. Facebook saves your old share message for a while, so we will have to request that they update it by going to Facebook's Debugger and "debugging" your store URL. Click here to get to the Debugger. Just enter your Tictail shop URL and click Debug.
6. Voilà—your share message is updated! Now when you enter your URL in Facebook, it will display your new share message.