Our ambition here at Tictail is to make e-commerce easy to use, beautiful - and for everyone! We're a young company and all parts of Tictail have not yet been made as simple to use as we'd like - and as for now there are some things you can only edit through making changes to your theme code in the code editor.
We have chosen to start with making it easy to choose a theme, upload a logo and products and create a simple about page in order to allow people to open a shop as quickly as possible.
In addition, we've also given people who know HTML / CSS the possibility to alter the appearance of their shop as much as they like (under Settings > Store design > </>). As much as we wish that we could help each and every shop to personalize their design, add links, pages, social media buttons and more, unfortunately, we're a small team here at Tictail and unfortunately don't have the resources to help with all that we wish we could.
If you'd like to customize your shop but don’t know any HTML or CSS, there are some other options:
- Ask in your personal network, among friends and relatives, if someone can help. You’ll be amazed of the hidden talent your friends have!
- Hire a web developer who can help you! One great place for finding freelancers is Upwork.com.
- Learn how to do it yourself! It’s not as difficult as you might think, we promise! HTML.net is a great place to start your journey.
Here are a couple of our help articles that will help you customize your shop. These step-by-step guides will help you to start personalizing your shop's layout!
- How to add a custom tab to your navigation bar
- How to change your shop's landing page
- How to create a custom page
- How to make your logo bigger