Want your shop in another language than those that Tictail offers? Here's a fix for you!
Google Translate is a translating service provided by Google that you can integrate into your own shop. This service makes your customers able to translate your entire shop into any preferred language, with just one click!
1. Start by going to Google Translate's Manager Website. Click Add to your website now.
2. Under Website Info, fill in your shop URL and set your original language. When you're done, just hit Next.
3. In the next step, Plugin Settings, all customizations are optional. In this example we choose to keep all the default settings as you can see below. Have a look and see if there is anything you'd like to change, before you click Get Code.
4. Copy the whole code snippet on the next page and head over to your Tictail code editor.
5. In your code editor (in your Tictail dashboard under Custom Shop > Shop design > </>), choose where in your store you'd like to put your translator and place your code snippet there.
We chose to put it right under the search bar (in the Södermalm-theme this would be after row 133), but feel free to place your Google Translate snippet wherever you wish it to appear in your shop. Please note that this position might not be optimal for all themes, and you will need to take into consideration where the translate window would look the best in your chosen theme.
6. Make some space for the new code and then paste it. Hit Save in your top right corner, and you're done!
7. Your Google Translator should now be visible in your shop! By putting it under the search bar, we figure it will be discrete enough not to distract from your shop's design, but will still catch your customers' attention.
8. Test it out by changing the language! We tried Japanese:
Way too easy to have your shop translated into almost 100 languages, right? :)