Your online shop isn't really a shop without your products, right? Let's go through how to add products on Tictail!
1. Start by heading to the Products tab in your dashboard.
2. Click the Add product button.
3. Upload your images by clicking +. We recommend uploading them in as high quality as possible.
Pro tip! Products with many images are a lot more popular among customers! We recommend at least 4 different photos.
4. Enter your product's title, price and description.
Pro tip! Make sure your description is clear and has all the information a customer might need: like size, material, details etc.
5. The product link address (which in technical terms is called the product slug) is editable in the dashboard. Look for the small text link below the title field:
The blue text is the slug. It will be set to the same thing as the product title by default, but it is possible to change it into anything you'd like. All your products need a slug, and each slug in your shop has to be unique. Editing the product slug can be useful if you're using article numbers or SKUs and want to add them to the product link, but not to the product title, for example. Or if you are using special characters in your product title, and want to clean your link up a bit.
6. Now to categorizing your products for visibility on Tictail's marketplace! You're able to categorize your products with our category index list. You can choose up to three levels of categorization.
Please note! This will not affect the menu items you have added to your custom shop. We added this categorization to improve search and visibility in our marketplace and in other search engines.
7. Enter the quantity of your product. You can choose from a specific number or unlimited.
8. Do you have different sizes, colors or other variations of the same product? No worries, just click Add variation and you can add as many variations as you want.
Want to know more about variations? Read this article on the topic!
9. If you want to add your product within a specific category, click Add navigation and choose from the list. If you haven't created any menu items yet, click Add menu item and name it.
Pro tip! These menu items will be shown on your storefront, give them a clear name to make sure your customers understand it. You can read more about adding navigation here.
10. Now, all you have to do is save your new product!