Going on vacation or know that you won’t be able to ship orders for a while? Don't forget to tell your shoppers!
You can avoid a lot of confusion and frustration by being upfront; this way, shoppers won’t be worried if their product doesn't arrive right away or if they get a delayed answer to their question via e-mail.
Here are a few great ways to tell you're shoppers you're on vacation:
- Create an auto-response for your primary contact email
- Update on your blog to let your followers know you're away
- Add text to your product descriptions and/or shipping settings to let customers know that the item won't ship for X weeks
- If you know a bit of HTML and CSS you could build a notification to display in your shop
- Use the Sendicate app to send out a newsletter with your vacation dates
- Post on your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to give your people the update
Another super simple solution is to close your shop (under Settings > General > Status) just for the period you’re away. Once you’re back you can open it again - nothing will have changed while you're gone!
Tip! Inform people two weeks before you leave and encourage them to order now in order to get products in time.