If you receive a suspicious message regarding one of your products, please proceed with caution and do not immediately engage in conversation or take any action on requests where someone asks you for something out of the ordinary.
Look out for customers that:
- Want you to move the conversation outside of Tictail Talk via a personal email address.
- Want to pay outside of Tictail's integrated payments.
- Ask for any personal information such as n
- Use strange phrases or the formatting in the conversation is off.
- Show interest in high value products.
- Offer to pay more than the price of the product. This is called overpayment scam and is an attempt to convince you to accept a fake payment for more than the product is worth.
How to report the conversation
If you receive a suspicious conversation, you can report it by following these steps:
1. Go to Tictail Talk in your web dashboard
2. Find the conversation and click Mark as spam
Marking the conversation as spam will report the conversation and remove it from your inbox, and block all future messages from this user. This action will also notify Tictail support.
Please know that Tictail is actively engaged in preventing scammers from targeting users. If you have further questions regarding a suspicious conversation you received, please contact us at Tictail.com/ask