Tictail is made up of a growing community of shoppers and shop owners from around the world. In order to put the happiness and safety of that community first, we've designed a set of guidelines, outlined below, to ensure the best possible experience for everyone who uses our platform. Need more info? Find our frequently asked questions in our Help Center, or reach out anytime at tictail.com/ask.
To help ensure that every Tictail shopper has an exceptional shopping experience, we've organized a set of guidelines that we ask every Tictail shop owner to adhere to in order to continue selling on our platform.
As a member of our community, we ask that you:
- Make sure products are accurately represented with high-quality images and detailed descriptions that include all necessary specifications (sizing, color, etc.).
- Set accurate expectations for each order with respect to delivery time.
- Help shoppers stay informed about the status of their orders by marking them as shipped and providing a valid tracking number.
- Notify shoppers if you're unable to complete an order, and process a refund as quickly as possible.
- Respond to messages and emails from shoppers in a timely manner. A shopper should receive a reply within seven days, but the faster the response time, the better. (For reference, here's how to use Tictail Talk and add a valid contact email.)
- Establish Terms & Conditions and offer a return policy.
- By EU law, you are required to offer a minimum of 14 days for a customer to return a purchased item.
- You must offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described, or doesn't function as it's supposed to.
- Attempt to resolve any disputes directly with shoppers themselves. In some cases, if you are unable to reach a resolution, Tictail will intervene to help resolve the dispute.
A few additional tips for great service:
- Use product level shipping to ensure the lowest possible shipping rate is shown to shoppers.
- Use our pre-written Terms & Conditions, which will ensure that your shop adheres to all necessary laws and recommendations.
- Be conscientious about communications with shoppers. Respect the wishes of those who would prefer not to receive promotions—and in the event of an unresolvable dispute, ask us for help.
A note on protecting shoppers' privacy:
At Tictail, we pride ourselves on the wide-ranging selection of products available through our community. But there are some products that we prohibit or restrict, for legal or safety reasons, or because they don't adhere to our values. Below is a list of products that fall under these categories.
|Get rich quick schemes||
|Gift cards for external services or products||
|Goods requiring license to sell or acquire||
|Hazardous materials, weapons, and other forms of explosives||
|Services that do not deliver a physical or digital product||
|Sexually explicit products or pornography||
|Social media activity||
|Tobacco, medicines, or illegal drugs||
|Used cell phones||
|Video game or virtual world accounts or credits||
|Virtual currency or stored value||
Tictail reserves the right to remove any product or brand that does not fit the criteria listed above, and to add further restrictions as needed.
When creating and merchandising your shop, you have the ability to upload photos, create a username and profile, write text and Talk messages, and generate other forms of user-facing content. As a member of our community, you agree that that this content will not be:
- In violation of intellectual property rights, including but not limited to:
- Counterfeit or replica
- Trademark infringement
- Copyright infringement
Note: Photographs are protected by applicable copyright laws. Tictail's copyright and other intellectual property enforcement is governed by our Infringement Policy.
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing.
- In violation of a user's privacy in any way.
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
- Racist, obscene, or viewed as hateful.
If Tictail encounters specific cases that do not fall within the guidelines described above—but in Tictail's reasonable view, breaches established moral and ethical boundaries—Tictail reserves the right to unilaterally terminate the account.
If you see anything on Tictail that violates these rules, you can report it to us by following the instructions outlined in our Infringement Policy.
We love that Tictail's marketplace represents the talent, diversity, and wide-ranging ambitions of our global community—and that it's the best destination for shoppers to discover the world's top emerging brands. Tictail's core focus is to provide unique products to its shoppers, with an emphasis on women's fashion and home decor. Key sub-categories are:
- Beauty Products
- Home Accents
- Kitchen Products
While anyone can build a shop on the Tictail platform (and subsequently receives a shop in our marketplace), not all products are eligible to appear in featured collections or blog stories, which are curated to focus on the categories listed above. Below we'll answer frequently asked questions about the ways in which we curate what's featured on Tictail.com.
To be considered for placement in Tictail's marketplace, please be sure:
- Your product descriptions are detailed and contain all necessary information to describe each item (e.g., material, origin, measurements, care instructions, etc.).
- You've included a minimum of two product images per item.
- Each product image is of high quality, preferably featured as a lifestyle image. We do not accept low-quality stock photos, photos taken from Google Images, photos of similar products, or renderings of product.
- Your products are categorized under the correct marketplace categories.
- You have personalized your shop with a high-quality cover photo.
- Your "About" section tells your brand's story and describes your shop in detail.
- Your shop's name is clear, concise, and easily decipherable.
- You've considered offering international shipping. Although it's not required, shipping to multiple countries allows your products to reach a wider audience.
Everyone who launches a custom shop on Tictail automatically receives a shop in our marketplace. (Certain brands and products—chosen based on the criteria outlined above—may also be featured in curated collections and blog stories on the site.) Since launching a shop on Tictail is inextricably linked to a presence in our marketplace, it is not possible to opt out.
Want more information about the benefits of selling in our marketplace? Read more here.
Yes. Although unlikely, there are several circumstances under which a shop may be removed or locked without prior notice. Please note that this will occur only in the case of specific flagrant or repeated behaviors, including:
- Selling products that are prohibited on Tictail.
- Having unfulfilled orders, at least one of which is past due by 30 days.
- Having received complaints from multiple shoppers that a product was not shipped.
- Having received complaints or reviews from multiple shoppers indicating actions or behaviors that conflict with our Community Guidelines
- Failure to pay commission fees.
- Violating terms of the agreement outlined in our customer service guidelines.
- Not having logged in to your account in 60 days or longer (read more here).
There is also the unlikely possibility that your shop has been mistakenly deemed fraudulent by our system. If you believe this to be the case, contact our support team to reactivate your account.