Although we usually recommend shooting your product images on a neutral background, don't hesitate to do something unique. Take advantage of your merchandise and style it to show the size, bring out the color or highlight it in action.
Here's some inspiration:
1. Use something unexpected in your product shot, that resonates well with your brand. We're fans of this photo of Ölend's backpack.
2. Try holding your product up against an amazing background to give it some attitude, like Fat Girl Skinny Boy has done.
3. Inspire shoppers by displaying your products in use like Sleiwsells did with this cute, vintage bowl. Pro tip: use monochrome or complementary colors to spice things up!
4. Here's another great example from Freywood of how props can work wonders!
5. Shoot your products against a colorful background; it'll make the product pop and will also help you create a signature style for your brand, like the above from sous-bois.
6. Minimalism is always right -- in our opinion anyway. Check out this simplistic inspiration from Smålands Skinnmanufaktur.